Sunday, April 27, 2008

Locks of Love

Well, I finally did it! It was a promise I made to one of my girl scouts, Jennifer White, who at the ripe old age of nine, has already done it multiple times.

I cut off my hair and donated it to Locks of Love, an organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.





To get the required 10.5 inches, I had to go shorter than I wanted, but it was exhilarating and the reflection in the mirror is surreal. Not since childhood have I had my hair this short! How easy it is to take a shower and comb right through your hair without a half hour struggle!!

I'm still on the fence as to whether I really like my hair this short, but I am definitely liking the way it makes me feel when I think that I've made someones day a little brighter.

1 comment:

the whites said...

Jennifer we are proud of you for doing this you have made a difference in a special persons life and that is something to be proud of . Jennifer and I know how hard it is to last as long as you did we are proud of you. You did a great thing we are proud of you. You go girl
The whites