Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Relay for Life

My first ever Relay for Life walk was a wonderful, albeit very rainy, experience. I was amazed at just how many people in my little community have been touched by cancer...I simply never knew.
It was a great learning experience for my daughters, my girl scout troop and I to learn and be part of, and I'm confident it will be an annual event for all of us.
Thank you to everyone who financially supported me...I hope the girls and I did you proud by walking and walking and walking for such a great cause!

Survivor Balloon Release
Lauren fell in love with our friend's newborn nephew
Katie enjoyed the kid events
Megan and Lauren doing their laps at night

The entire track was lined with these luminaries purchased and dedicated to loved ones. We personally purchased them for:
For Dan's dad, aka Papa!
Judith Johnson (the sister of our family friend John Galvin)

Kerri Angelo (Lauren's kindergarten teacher)

In Loving Memory of Paula Murphy (the mom of our dear family friend Ellen)

Jennifer Kidder Goodwin (the good friend of our dear friend Hilary Wheeler)

No comments: