Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Tradition

If you know me, you know that I LOVE scrapbooking and all that is the wide world of crafts...most of which has to do with my childhood memories of my wonderful Aunt Frances who was for the longest time, my craft Idol. She was simply amazing in my eyes whether it was knitting, quilting, sewing like nobody's business or simply painting an egg.
A few weekends ago, my mom and I were going through some boxes looking for my baby album and we stumbled upon this 30+ year old egg. It's simply amazing that it's lasted all of these years without being crushed and what's more amazing were the memories it brought out for both my mom and I...
...Aunt Frances taught us to gently poke holes in the top and bottom of a raw egg, blow on one end until the egg was empty, then paint it with some enamel paints like these...



So this Easter, we decided to follow in Frances' 30+ year old lead and painted our own hand blown Eggs...










Thank you Aunt Frances for all of the wonderful new and old memories!

No comments: